The Impact of Hospice Rebranding Case Study
Drastically Increased Community Visibility is Followed by Striking Hospice ADC Growth for Transitions LifeCare
In 2014, Hospice of Wake County rebranded as Transitions LifeCare, creating an umbrella brand that reflected its all-encompassing care. The plan to launch the new brand to its consumers required several communication objectives to be accomplished in the 2015 calendar year:
- Communicate that Hospice of Wake County is now Transitions LifeCare.
- Show the relationship of Transitions HospiceCare to the umbrella brand.
- Convey to all target audiences that Transitions HospiceCare is the region’s hospice of choice.
- Reach family healthcare decision makers age 45+.
- Connect with physicians and referral sources.
In order to educate the community and increase brand awareness, we focused on Transitions LifeCare’s all-encompassing approach to care and its expert, compassionate reputation. Transcend embraced a hospice marketing strategy that captured the impact of being surrounded by care from a unique patient perspective using a combination of creative executions, authentic storytelling and strategic communications.
Resonate with the target audiences with vivid and effective communication touchpoints:
- Website redesign
- Television advertising
- Brand (Transitions LifeCare)
- Patient point of view (Transitions HospiceCare)
- Digital advertising
- Caregiver support (Transitions GuidingLights)
- Recruitment (Transitions HospiceCare)
“Transcend Hospice Marketing Group provided excellent market research and strategic guidance, and informed our project with expertise. The outcome has been increased admissions, earlier admissions to hospice and improved community understanding of our services.”
Cooper Linton, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development Transitions LifeCare, founded as Hospice of Wake County
Business results achieved through Transitions LifeCare’s overall business strategy and tactics that included the authentically executed integrated campaign:
- ADC has grown from 348 in 2014 to just over 500 in June of 2015
- Donors are now fully embracing Transitions LifeCare brand (based on anecdotal information)
- Making some recruitment strides – recent hires in key patient care areas further along in orientation
Direct hospice rebranding campaign results:
- Advertising is gaining visibility in the market place with positive associations
- Outside of the website homepage, the “Career” page had the second highest page views (nearly 28K), an unanticipated, but welcomed effect
- Establishing benchmark metrics for achieving year-over-year growth, digital campaign delivered 2,237 clicks to the website and more than 1M impressions
- Facebook ads had a high display CTR of 1.51% (industry average for sponsored content ads = 2% to 3%)
- Clicks = 7,024
- Post likes = 522
- New likes to TLC FB page = 143
- Caregiver ad performed the best
- Delivered 1,975 clicks and 317 post likes
About Transitions LifeCare
Originally founded as Hospice of Wake County in 1979, Transitions LifeCare provides a comprehensive circle of expert care and support. What’s more, Transitions LifeCare offers education as well as emotional and spiritual support for the patient’s entire family. Services are tailored to meet the exact needs, wishes and goals of each patient and family member.